Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day Eleven

Eleven days ago today we brought my Father-in-law home to live with us for whatever time he has left. Five days prior to that he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer of the lung. It has spread to his liver and the adrenal gland and most likely it has begun to spread into the brain, but he chose not to have the MRI that would show that for sure. And I guess in the grand scheme of things, knowing for sure doesn't really change anything because if it isn't there, it will be. He has chosen not to take any treatment & I don't blame him for that at all. Anything they would do would only prolong his time, not cure the disease. And from what I have seen, the treatments for cancer can be worse than the disease sometimes. And that is the black & white of our life right now. The rest is all shades of gray, or as my sister likes to see it...silver. And it's the shades of gray that I will write about as we go through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment